Friday, December 18, 2009

Halloween, Polar Express & Fun in the snow!

Halloween

Halloween was a little stressful this year. I decided I wanted to do a theme and I thought we had the perfect amount of people in our family to do a Wizard of Oz theme! Makenna REALLY wanted to be the witch but I couldn't find a Dorothy outfit for me that wasn't outrageously priced! So I decided she would be Dorothy and I would be the witch. Anthon was the Scarecrow, McKay the Tin Man & Mason the Lion.
Luckily, Makenna has a friend who has a Halloween birthday and they did a costume party. So...Makenna got to be a witch for that! She LOVED it!


We carved pumpkins for our FHE activity one night. The kids were a little more willing to get their hands dirty this time =).


Daddy and Makenna made a ghost!
McKay and I made a spider!

Mason didn't participate. He was sick and fell asleep in his high chair
Our pumpkins only lasted one night. The next morning, our spider's legs were shriveled =(
The Tin Man, Lion and Dorothy

The Polar Express

November 14th we took a drive up to Williams, AZ with most of my family to ride the Polar Express. You take an hour and a half long ride and they read the book to you and give you hot chocolate and cookies. At one point, you get to "the north pole" (you don't get out) and Santa gets on the train and hands out bells to everyone. Everyone goes in their pajamas, it's really cute!
We got there a little early but they had stuff to do. They have an area where you can take pictures with Santa. Here is ours. The only ones missing are Emily and her hubby Sam and their daughter Brooklee.

All of my kiddos look a little freaky in this pic, but it's the only shot we got with everyone looking at the camera!

They also had room where you can write a letter to Santa and give it to Mrs. Claus.
Mrs. Claus is reading Makenna and McKay's letters to Santa. McKay was too busy worrying about missing the train to pay any attention to Mrs. Claus =)

Getting ready to board the train.
Aubrey, Austin, Aunt Julie, McKay & Makenna

Waiting to get going!
McKay was happy after he got his hot chocolate and cookie
After Santa gave them their bells!
Mason LOVED his bell!
Snow Day

Every year, a group of businesses get together and bring snow down from up north. They set up little booths off to the side and sell food and hot chocolate and stuff and advertise their businesses. It's really fun!


We forgot their gloves so they didn't play in the snow very long =(

Thanksgiving

I didn't take any pictures of our Thanksgiving but we had a great time. We spent this Thanksgiving with Anthon's family. We had dinner at his Uncle Matt's house. We ate, we talked, we laughed and then we slept. Well, I slept. Anthon let me take a 4 hour nap since I was going to go stand in line at midnight for some Black Friday shopping. Yes, I know you can do it online! But I like being out there with all the crazies!! =) I got some good deals and got about 80% of my Christmas shopping done. I was pleased =)

Anyway, It's been crazy around here lately but I will try harder to keep up on my blogging and to keep up with everyone else's =).

1 comment:

Ryan and Lori Jones said...

You family is so cute! I so wanna do the polar express once Carter is big enough. Merry Christmas!!