Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving vacation!

This year was our year to spend Thanksgiving with MY family. We started a tradition right after I graduated to have it in Pinetop. My parents own a timeshare with WorldMark so that is where we go.
Anyway, it snowed on Thanksgiving day pretty much the entire day. The kids LOVED it! It was SO pretty. Makenna was the first to notice that it was snowing. She pointed it out to me and my mom and then ran to tell Daddy and McKay. She stayed at the window almost the whole time we were in the house just watching the snow.
We got to Pinetop on Wednesday night and got all settled in. Thursday, we played in the snow, had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving lunch/dinner, relaxed and then all the girls went to watch Twilight. I thought I would like it a little more watching it a second time but....I still don't like it. Sorry to all of you who did. Friday, Anthon and I did our Black Friday shopping (which I look forward to every year), we went to the lodge to play pool and ping pong. We hung out and played games and just relaxed. Saturday was pretty much the same as Friday. Lots of eating, playing games and relaxing. Sunday, we packed up hung out and then headed home.
Here are some pictures of our week.
Their first moments out in the snow!

Just a cute picture of my little boy enjoying the snow.

Our little family

This picture is for those of you who know me. I'm wearing shoes!!! Ugly ones but hey.... they're shoes.
I only wore them half the time though. I still had to wear my flip flops.

We decided to make a snowman since there was enough of it. The kids had so much fun! Ok, when I say WE I mean Anthon, Makenna, McKay and my mom. I just took pictures :o)

This is the finished product. We named him spike because of his spikey hair.

My mom and kids with Spike

My kids don't look happy in any of the pictures :o( I swear they were enjoying it.
Like my matching hat? ;o) I wore it for you Jennifer!! Yes, I still have it.

Anthon making a snow angel

Rollin' up my sleeves for an intense game of Nerts.

In the lodge playing pool. That's Brian being Brian. Always posing so pretty for the camera :o)

The kids LOVE playing air hockey so we let them play for a while.

Makenna won 6 to 1

McKay didn't mind, he just enjoyed playing.

The familia playing around the world in ping pong with a couple other random people who were there. I played for a little bit but couldn't run fast enough to play the entire game.......I wonder why ;o)

This was on Friday. Nobody wanted to cook so we went to El Rancho. Anthon took the picture so he wasn't in it.
L to R
Me, Julie, Allison, Brian, Amy, Kent, Dad, Mom, Makenna and McKay's head.

My cute family

Back at the lodge. There were some boys playing with the air hockey table so the kids made their own game. They got ping pong paddles and rolled the cue ball from pool table back and forth to each other.

Here is a video of the kids helping make the snowman.


This is a funny video of McKay having a snowball fight with my dad and Makenna trying to throw one :o)

McKay dancing to the music.


Anyway, we had a really fun Thanksgiving. It was nice to be with family for the holidays. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

DeWitts said...

Looks like so much fun! I didn't even know that it snowed up there. How fun for your kids. I'm glad you had a great thanksgiving.

Kathi said...

You make me almost kinda miss it up there :)

Curtis Family said...

cute pictures! it was a lot of fun! I'm sad that I missed El Rancho though!