Anyway, we went to put up our tree on Monday night for family home evening but half the lights on the tree wouldn't come on. It took us until yesterday (Wednesday) to finally get the tree up and decorated. We ended up needing to replace two of the fuses on the tree.
Anyway, here are some pictures of us putting up the tree, decorating it and setting up the train.
This is how our tree had to stay for a full day!
Taking out the train. The kids were SO excited!! It has a head light that comes on and it plays Christmas music. It's really cute. It's one of our great buys from last years Black Friday shopping at Home Depot :o)
The children kept trying to help put the train tracks together because they were too excited to wait. Little did they know, they were just slowing Anthon down :o)
The entire time the train is on he says "Look it, look it!" "It's coming!!" "Go, go, go" "Mommy, choo choo train!" Seriously, the ENTIRE time. It's cute.
As I was putting the hooks on the ornaments, Makenna was taking them and decorating the tree. Don't you love how evenly she spreads them out ;o)
She loves making faces at the camera
While I was fixing the tree Makenna was laying there looking at it saying "It looks perfect" and "What a wonderful tree" and "I really like the red balls"
The finished product...minus the tree topper. I need to return the one I have and find a cuter one. Any suggestions on where I can find a cute star tree topper?
7 comments:
Your tree looks awesome! I still havn't even gotten my decorations out, so you're ahead of me.
We did candy canes on our tree when Max was 5 1/2 months old...he was so determined he started crawling and got a candy cane, ate the wrapper and sucked the candy cane to a very sharp point...We laughed...you know the dumb new parents with the infant.
Makay and the train is soo cute! thats exactly how our ornaments looked after aust and aubs!! =) thanxs again for buying those dresses!
Fun!! Can't wait until my kiddos enjoy decorating the tree. I think Christmas decorating will be a little more fun when they can. Love the tree, and your red wall!! I love red so much that I had to paint a wall red in our house. LOVE IT!!
Cute tree! It has taken me way long to get my tree up and I didn't even have any lights malfunction! I'm still not finished :o(
How fun! My Grandparents had a train that went around their Christmas tree and I've always wanted one! I guess I need to keep my eyes open for a good deal like you did. :)
Don't you love how kids always want to "help." I can't wait until next year when we have 2 helpers! :)It takes us a little bit longer to get decorations up, but it sure makes for fun memories!
oh my gosh! I LOOOOVE your tree!! Its so FULL and PRETTY!! Great job. And we need to get me one of those trains.. I think I would sit and stare at it all day too!
Post a Comment