Friday, January 16, 2009

He's Here!!!

Our new baby boy!

Doesn't he look like Anthon?!
Just kidding! A guy that Anthon works with had fun sending this picture to everyone they work with. I thought it was really funny. Anyway, THIS is our new little boy

Mason Taylor Ellsworth
If you want to know what McKay looked like when HE was born....there you have it. It freaked me out when I first saw him. I thought I went back in time. I gave birth to McKay twice!!

So, I went in to be induced on Monday at 3:00 pm. Before they could give me the pitocin they had to thin me out so they gave me cervidil. Usually, you have to wait 12 hours after they give you the cervidil to start the pitocin but they told me that since it was my third child that it should definitely induce labor early and I wouldn't have to wait the 12 hours. I didn't get my hopes up because I know how my body is. So anyway, 12 hours later....yup, I had to wait the whole 12 hours...... they take the cervidil out and check me to see if I was dilated at all. When she checked me she told me that she couldn't feel his head so they did an ultrasound to make sure he really was head down. Well, turns out, he was breech!! For the last 3 weeks he had been head down. Even when they checked me on Thursday he was head down. He decided to flip over sometime over the weekend. So, since my contractions had already started they decided they needed to do a C-Section :o(.

This is after they gave me the cervidil. The dumb lady gave me my IV 12 hours before she was supposed to. GGRRRRR!!!

Anthon is ready to go into the OR and I'm terrified to get a C-Section!
Well, the C-Section went well. It was one of the weirdest experiences ever! The spinal hurts worse than the epidural. I could feel EVERYTHING going on, it was SO strange!! After the surgery they gave me all this medication to help with the itching and pain and stuff like that but it made me so drowsy that I fell asleep while they were stapling me up. I hated it because I couldn't even focus on my baby. I was so out of it!
This picture was taken right after I got out of the OR. I don't remember taking it or even holding my baby in that room. That's a little scary. I'm glad I didn't drop him or anything!!
Oh, while we were waiting for the cervidil to kick in, we went to visit our friends in the ward that had their baby that morning. Congratulations Alyssa and Blake!

Anyway, here are just some random pictures of the hospital visit and our visitors. We missed taking pictures of a few of our visitors, sorry guys!

Baby Mason :o)

Mason has a lot of skin on his face so it looks like he is always mad and Makenna kept asking us "Why is he so mean?" It was cute :o)

My three children

My parents
DorneJulie

Bethany and Kennedy

Nancy

Amy

Grandma Carrie

This is a picture of me getting ready to nurse! Yes, I said nurse!!! Can you believe it?! I'm still producing milk! Hopefully it stays with this one and I don't have to buy formula this time around. We will see though.

The kids played in the little play area at the hospital to pass some of the time waiting for mommy and daddy to come home. Poor kids, we were gone from Monday to Friday!Our new family of 5!
On our way home. Mason's first car ride.

My parents watched the kids Monday night and Tuesday night and Dorne and Nancy watched them Wednesday night and Thursday night. Thank you so much Mom and Dad and Dorne and Nancy for watching our children for us. We really appreciate it!

They had fun at Nanny and Papa's house rolling each other up like hot dogs :o)
When I got home I got these beautiful flowers from my wonderful husband! Thank you Anthon!!

23 comments:

the cates said...

Wow! I will agree with you that it is so scary to be told you are having a c-section! And it sounds like you got some weird meds! But I will tell you that everthing is better on a scheduled c-section, recovery was a dream with Ryan, but I wanted to die with Luke! But take it easy and good luck! Oh yeah, and congrats!

Kathi said...

Yea! Congrats, have fun with you cute new baby.

Sarah Pace said...

Thats a funny pic of anthon!
Holy Makay double! thats crazy how much they look alike. I'm anxious to se how he looks in a couple weeks and see if he's still mini makay!
THat is kinda crazy that you don't remember taking that picture! but he's cute! and sorry about the whole breast pump thing I felt really bad that it got to you so late! good luck with the nursing, I really hope it works this time!

DeWitts said...

Congrats! He's adorable! take it easy and enjoy that new bundle of joy.

The Scott Family said...

Congrats!!! He is super cute! Have fun with him, he is a great addition to your family.

What's for dinner? said...

Congratulations!!! Let me know when you're up for more visitors.

Lauren said...

Congrats! He is so cute and yes he does look like Mckay! Let us know if you need anything! :) Sorry you had to have a c section. I've had both of my kids that way, so I have lots of sympathy and know what you're going through.

Joanna said...

WOW! What an adventure!:) He is beautiful just like your other two! I feel for ya on the c sections! I've had two and they are not fun. Get lots of rest, it helps I promise!:) Oh and what a cute name you guys picked out!

Curtis Family said...

I can't wait to see him!

Devin and Melinda said...

I remember the first time I was told I'd have to have a c-section...I felt a lot like you did. I have now had two unplanned c-sections so I have to schedule one this time. If you get some burning pain then you know you are doing too much...also take tylenol for it...it's the ONLY thing that works. My two c-section recoveries were totally different from each other....good luck!!

April said...

What an up and down week you had! But such a cute baby as a result!!! He is beautiful! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Congrats, and he is adorable! I would have been scared too! C-sections terrify me! I didn't have one, and I am so grateful. It sounds like everyone is doing well. Congrats again!

Matt and Kaaryn said...

Congrats! What beautiful baby boys. I am so happy for you Jennifer

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little guy! He'll fit right in with your other adorable kids. :) That's a bummer about the c-section though... He probably has the same excuse I did (I was an emergency c-section) anyway, my excuse has always been that when you're not the first baby... you need to make an entrance so your birth will stand out in your mom and dad's memories. :)
Congratulations again! Good luck with everything! (and yay about the nursing! I'm hoping my next one will nurse...)

Carly said...

What a cutie! He is beautiful. I am so happy for you (and ready to help, seriously, call me if you need anything--and if you won't, I already told Anthon to override you if necessary). Anyway, I asked Makenna today if she liked Mason and she said "Yes, I like him because he has a cute little nose, and TEENY little ears." Freaking adorable! I love it.
Congrats! We'll come over as soon as your up for the circus to invade your home.

Rebecca and Eric MantanoƱa said...

Congratulations Anthon and Jennifer! What a precious little boy!

Nicole D said...

I love the name Mason. Congrats, I hope you transition to a mom of 3 easily. My first trip out alone with 3 was somewhat frighten, but I got used to it quickly. Can't wait to meet him.

Cara said...

Yay! Congrats on littl Mason. Well I guess he wasn't that little. He is a cutie though. And I to am curious to see if he is going to keep looking like his big brother. :) That really stinks bout the c-section. I would be freaking out too probably more than you did. I am glad that everything went good and that he is here. We will have to come and see you all sometime. :)

Katie and Travis Melser said...

Lucy says he is so cute, and I agree, hopefully we will get to see him soon before he gets too big. Let us know when the blessing is and maybe will be able to come.

Nut's and Boltz said...

Wow he really does look like Mckay. Congratulations, What a cute family. You are all so Darling.

rusty and julie thatcher said...

i am so happy for you guys. he is so cute. he does look just like mckay! your kids are all so cute! i can't wait to see him. let me know when you're ready for visitors!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

Congratulations Ellsworth family! He is adorable! I know about giving birth to carbon copies...Aiden & Beckett looked identical for about the 1st 6 mos of Beckett's life! Hope your recovery goes well ( & Quickly!!)

Becky said...

Congratulations! I found your blog through Rachell Massey's, I ran cross-country with Anthon. It's so good to see that you are doing well and have such a beautiful family!

I totally sympathize (sp?) with the c-section thing! All 3 of mine were born that way! Very weird being able to feel eveything going on, but no pain... and I had the crazy itching thing too! Totally stinks!

Anyway, I just wanted to say "HI" and you have a beautiful family!