Monday, January 5, 2009

Our weekend in Thatcher

My sister, Emily, blessed her baby this weekend in Thatcher. We headed down on Friday after Anthon got off work.
We were able to sleep in Saturday, which was very nice. After we got up and ate breakfast, Anthon went to play ultimate frisbee with my family and then to help my brother Brian put some shingles up on the roof of the house that he's building.

All the kids had fun playing in the dirt and walking through the framing of the house.

Makenna & Aubrey

All the kids on the Cat going to Uncle Brian's house. They were singing Jingle Bells the entire ride over there. I could hear them from my car!

Brooklee was blessed on Sunday and then they had a big dinner at Valley Furniture afterwards. My Brother-in-law's Brother-in-law owns a furniture store and Sam manages it I think. Anyway, they had the dinner in the rec room upstairs.

This is my grandma Gallegos burping Brooklee. McKay tried to help.

This is cute little Brooklee.

My grandma again :o). This is my mom's mom.
My cute parents feeding Brooklee.
McKay had fun spinning Makenna around on this chair.
All of Sam's family and ours. There are 9 kids in Sam's family!! So there was a HUGE turn out.
All in all it was a good weekend. I had to spend 3 hours in the Safford hospital and it turns out I might have a kidney stone :o(. They had to do two mini catheters and found blood in my urine. So, they drew blood and ran some tests. There wasn't an infection in my blood, there wasn't anything wrong with my liver or kidneys but I COULD still have a kidney stone. I just need to have my own doctor take a better look. Whatever it is, it's killing me and I can barely move sometimes!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! It's hard going back to the regular routine after Christmas, huh?

3 comments:

Crow Family said...

Hey, I hope you are feeling better. Did they check your gallblader? I had problems with mine after the baby and ended up having it removed. All kinds of people kept telling me that it is common in pregnant people and women who just had a baby? just a thought.

DeWitts said...

Oh poor girl, i hope you find out whats wronge. I'll be praying for you.

Hey i was in thatcher too this weekend but only because we got lost. i'm glad you got to go to brooklee's blessing, she is adorable. I'm so happy for emily and i can't wait to see brooklee in her blessing dress. i hope emily post pics.

Sarah Pace said...

You poor thing! I hope these last few weeks go by fast for you!