We went to Thatcher this past weekend so Anthon could go to another Father & Son camp out with my dad and brother. Anyway, while we were down there we decided it was time to get Makenna's ears pierced. I have been wanting to do it for years but Anthon always wanted to wait until she was a teenager. So, we decided that when Makenna asked for earings, we would take her to get them pierced. Well, she asked for them a while ago but I just never took her. I don't know why. Anyway, here are the pictures.
Getting marked

Ready...Set...GO

Right after it happened.

The lady on the left got it stuck and tugged on poor Makenna's ear. She did the same thing to the little girl that went right after Makenna.
My grandma with the victim

Makenna didn't cry until we started hugging her and asking her if she was OK. She got over it really quick when we let her pick out a candy and some bubbles.
I'm just going to throw this in really quick. My kids are obessed with my parents' Arctic Cat and ride in it every time they visit. Well, Mason had his first ride on it this past weekend. I think he really enjoyed it. We put him in a Bumbo and set him between me and mom. I held on to him the whole way and we went slow and took back roads, so don't worry :o). We actually rode on dirt roads that cars don't even drive on so it was no big deal.
My mom with Mason
9 comments:
Whatever brittany spears! only joking...I'm so sad every time a little girl gets her ears pierced, I want to pierce Kierstie's SOOO bad but I can't even bribe the employees to pierce them. Apparently you have to have ear lobes to pierce your ears or something like that!
How fun! I guess thats the stuff you miss out on having boys huh? Lol, oh well! Thanks for putting pictures of your mom up! I miss her so much, she was so much fun!
Oh Makenna is going to have so much fun with her ears pierced. How did Mason get so big so fast? Your mom looks great and Mason is adorable!
yeah for pierced ears! They looked really cute!
What a brave little girl! I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 7 or 8 and I cried like a baby. :) We're still trying to decide if we want to get our baby girl's ears pierced... but I know if we do then her brother will want his done too. :)
Aww if i had a little girl I would so want to get her ears peirced too. And what a trooper she was. I would have cried i am sure, good thing i don't remember getting mine done. : ) And you mom is so cute! I love that pic of her and Mason. We need to get together sometime. Well probably after my little guy gets here since who knows when that will be dangit. : )
When they did Amalee's one of the ladies got stuck too:( That was the worst. I can't wait to see her. I love having little girls ears pierced.
Yeah she finally got them pierced!
I'll bet she is exited about it! I didn't know you did that and I didn't even notice on sunday before you left!
How fun!! I am too scared to get Brooklyns ears pierced. I am afraid she is going to move around and they will end up piercing her face or something.
Post a Comment