Thanks to Dorne & Nancy, Anthon and I were able to go on a nice Valentines date, kid free =). Anthon and I met at his parents house so we could hop in his car to leave. When he opened my door I saw a dozen roses waiting in my seat for me =).
He took me to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. We had a very enjoyable evening and Anthon was a sport and walked around Borders with me. He doesn't understand my obsession with books but he humored me anyway. After that, we went to get ice cream at Dairy Queen and then picked up our kiddos. It was nice to get away for a while =).
Valentines dinner for our kids
Valentines Day at my house, when I was growing up, was lots of fun. My parents would cook for us a nice dinner and then tell us to go up stairs and get in our Sunday best. While we were getting ready my parents would set up their formal dinning room with their good dishes and decorate the dinning area. We would come down to a candle lit room and my parents would be our waiters. It was so much fun for us and I decided that I wanted to start that tradition with my kids.
My parents came down to visit on V-day so my Mom helped me decorate while Anthon and my Dad got the kids dressed and played with them until we were ready.
The decorated room
My parents came down to visit on V-day so my Mom helped me decorate while Anthon and my Dad got the kids dressed and played with them until we were ready.
The decorated room
I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment