Well, after going to Anthon's family reunion last summer I decided that I wanted to try to do one myself with my dad's side of the family. It had been years since I had seen some of them. Probably more than a decade. Anyway, after lots of phone calls and emails and planning, I got it all put together and we had our reunion this past weekend. We had it up in Strawberry, Az. Anthon's grandma let us use her cabin and her brother let us use his HUGE piece of land for the reunion. My family stayed in the cabin since nobody else wanted to. Everyone else camped in the open field.
It was SO nice to see everyone again! We all got along so well and laughed and talked like we were all best friends. It was exactly what we needed.
The reunion started on Friday and ended Sunday. Most of my family when up Thursday night. Anthon and I went up Thursday night so we could put up signs and stuff and how to get to the campsite.
My parents and my sister brought their Arctic Cats and I'm so glad they did. It was a lot easier than taking our huge Suburban everywhere! My children love riding on them. Anytime we DID take the Sub McKay would say "I wanna ride that one" and point to the Cat. He LOVED it! Makenna loves them too. She wanted to ride the green Cat all the time.
There were 11 of grandma's great grandkids there and they all got along SO well. They were like a little gang. It was so cute. Makenna especially got along with Conner and Sierra.
This is Makenna
Saturday morning, we all headed over to Fossil Creek to go swimming. It was a huge relief! It was really hot that day and the water was nice and cold. Too cold actually but no one seemed to care.
Anyway, we had lots of fun and glad so many people showed up. It still wasn't even half the family but there were enough. I am very glad to be home and showered!!! I put a slide show up above so you can see all of the pictures.
We got home today at about 4:00pm. We got showered and bathed and got ready and headed over to Anthon's parents' house for a little birthday party for Anthon. Today (Sunday) is Anthon's birthday!
It's tradition for us to get DQ ice cream cake for our B-days because we both love them. Just spent quite a bit a money on the reunion so we decided to share the cake instead. My birthday is this Saturday. Anyway, that's why the cake says Anthon & Jennifer. We weren't about to spent $50 in one week on birthday cakes!
Anthon got a couple of CDs from his parents. On of them was a Gladys Knight church CD and the other was a CD of the play 1856. His Uncle wrote the play. In fact, it is playing this week in Mesa if you want to go see it. It is an amazing play about the Pioneers!
Anyway, Anthon's parents also got me a present.
I LOVE this movie! I could watch it every day! Not the one with the Knightly girl :oP. It was the one made in the 90's. It is really long but VERY good. It follows the book very well.
Thank you Dorne and Nancy for the wonderful presents!

4 comments:
SO MUCH FUN!! wow, looks like you guys had a great time. We are leaving thursday night for prescott so we will finally have our little get a way.
Looks like you family reunion was a blast! Happy birthday Anthon!
Dang you had quite the trip didn't you. It sure sounds like you guys had lots of fun. I always enjoy getting together for family reunions. :) Oh and happy birthday to Anthon! That cake looks yummy. I love ice cream cakes too I got one for my bday too. :)
Hey are you home tonight to maybe do dinner with Tiff and I. And maybe Kriston and Shannon too?
I love your new background.
Post a Comment