Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What a weekend!

On Friday, at about 4:30, I headed up to Strawberry with some friends in the ward. We stayed in Anthon's Grandma's cabin. His Grandpa built it a LONG time ago and did an awesome job!
We stopped in Payson on the way up and ate dinner at El Rancho. It was really good but we ate so much that we barely snacked on any of the goodies we took with us.

This is Carrie, Danielle and Julie.
We had fun making bows and playing Poser and talking... A LOT! We barely made it through one round of the game. It took us forever because we kept talking between turns. Right in the middle of the game I mentioned a noise that I was hearing. All of them had heard it too but we all thought it was each others' stomachs growling. We decided it was something outside and we booked it upstairs. Anthon later told me that it was javelinas.
Also, I was needing to use the potty but I am TERRIFIED of bugs so I had someone check the toilet first. This is what we found

It's a mouse!! So gross. Luckily, there are two bathrooms there so we used the other one. it was bug and rodent free :o).


Anyway, we went up stairs and got ready for bed and then we were going to put a movie on to watch it but we ended up talking until 4:30 in the morning. We finally went to sleep and woke up a few hours later and had some amazing breakfast burritos. We left after breakfast :o(. We were sad that it was so short but we had tons of fun!!


When I got back home, we met my parents at Sam's club and hung out with them for a while. I went home and packed for yet another trip.

I went on a sisters trip with of course, my sisters and my sister-in-law. We left Sunday morning to head to San Diego.



Left to right
Allison (sis-in-law), Sarah, Emily, Julie, Amy & Me.


The last time they went on the trip, they made shirts that said 'She's Crazy' and had arrows pointing left and right. So, this year, they made shirts that said 'Esta Loca'. I think we decided we are going to do it in a new language every year. It should be interesting.


We paid for one of the trolleys that takes you on a tour of some parts of San Diego. The men driving the trolley tells you all about the history of San Diego and stuff. It was pretty cool. It lasted all day so it was worth the money.
This is the bar they used to film the movie Top Gun. Cool, huh? It's the bar where Goose plays the piano. We also saw some other spots where they filmed parts of the movie but I didn't take pictures.
Apparently, this ship was used in a movie too. I forgot what movie the guy said it was. It was a movie with Russell Crowe in it.

This is the oldest boat to still be used for sailing. It was built in like 1860 or 1850 or something like that. It has sailed around the world 21 times! Crazy, huh? Personally, I don't think I would trust it. I would rather take a new boat. :o)
This is just a fun picture of me and Amy. I'm about to eat a spoonful of ice cream. It tasted an awful lot like wood :o).
This boat is owned by one of my favorite comedians ever. Jerry Lewis! It's the red and white boat. I just had to take a picture. I don't think anyone appreciates Jerry the way my family does :o).

This was at one of the shops we went to. This guy was selling pearls from clams. You pick out your clam and he opens it and takes out the pearl. Then he cleans it and rubs it in salt and then cleans it again. Then you can pick a piece of jewelry to put it on. He was making it out like this was the first time he had seen the pearls but I doubt that. It is a cute idea though.

I put my pearl on a flower :o)

Anyway, we got back last night (Tuesday) and I am still recovering. I'm glad to be back with my husband and my kids.

8 comments:

brooksybabe said...

Looks like you had a little too much fun. Good for you guys.

DeWitts said...

Weekend away with your sisters looks like to much fun! Looks like you guys had a good time. Oh and the mouse in the potty would of killed me!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

Holy Smokes what a weekend! You must have been in heaven! Kudos to Anthon for being Mr. Mom while you were away too!

Katrina said...

Lucky you! 2 trips without kids! What a great hubby you have to let you go. I guess I can only inagine what it would be like.

Cara said...

Dang how fun! I wish I could take a few trips to get away with out the kiddo. Anthon is such a great dad! And yikes that mouse looks really scary and nasty. But it sure sounds like and looks like you had fun. You and your sisters and your mom are all so funny I am sure you had a great time!

Sarah Pace said...

That mouse is discusting!

Bethany M said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy a getaway weekend! That "sisters trip" is a great tradition. I think I should start one in my family! Yea for solo trips! :)
And yes...good job to Anthon for taking care of the kids! Did they eat? :)

Zonnie said...

Hey Jennifer! I saw your comment on Audra's blog...yes I do have a blog! I have been reading yours for a month or so & thought that I had left a comment...guess not. I blog during my "insomnia hours" at night and because that is when I do not have a 2 year old partner typing with me! ha ha! I want to be a copy cat & start a sisters trip like you guys! That is soo cool!