Monday, May 11, 2009

Camping & Mother's Day

It was a really busy weekend at the Ellsworth home but a very enjoyable one! Anthon went to our ward's Father & Sons camp out on Friday. It was his second year with McKay and a little more enjoyable for both of them. A friend of ours in the ward had his birthday that day so they invited every one over for a BBQ and games. It was really fun and I'm glad I had something to do while Anthon was gone! I didn't take any pictures because Anthon had the camera. Here are some pictures of the camping trip.

McKay and a little buddy of his
Anthon slept in the Suburban last year but he thinks that McKay inherited my claustrophobia so they tried a tent this year. I think McKay liked it a lot better.

McKay also did a great job with his potty training on the way up. He told Anthon when he needed to go and Anthon would pull over or take him out in the woods. He didn't have one accident! Anthon took a picture of his first time ever going pee pee in the great outdoors. I hope it doesn't offend anyone :o).

This one's for you Danielle :o)

Anthon had planned on heading up to the cabin in Strawberry after leaving Fathers & Sons. He was going to take McKay to Fossil Creek and play in the water but he had a feeling that he should just go home. It's a good thing too! He had a blow out on the way home! He got out to change the tire but realized that he didn't have the allen wrench that he needed so he couldn't get the tire off. That was MY fault :o(. I had used them a couple months ago and forgot to put them back in the Suburban when I was done. Oops. Luckily, he was only like 5 minutes away from our house! He was on the San Tan 202 just short of the Power exit. I took some allen wrenchs to him and took McKay home with me while Anthon fixed the tire. I would have stayed to make sure everything went well but I was in a HUGE hurry trying to get things ready for a baby shower I was throwing that day.

Here is the tire :o( Yikes
The weird thing is the tire ripped on the side of the tire that had the least wear and tear. I don't understand how it happened!

Anyway, on a totally unrelated note, we discovered this weekend that McKay has Eczema! Poor little guy. I have had it since I was in like 2nd or 3rd grade and it gets REALLY bad so I know how painful it can be.
Sorry, it's a really blurry picture

Anyway, back to my story :o). I got home and got things ready for the shower. Anthon got home and got cleaned up and then watched the kids while I went to do the shower. I didn't take any pictures but here is a picture of the invites. I thought they turned out pretty cute :o)


I got home from the shower and Anthon let me take a little nap. When I woke up, he told me he was taking me out for dinner for Mother's Day. I told him I wanted YC's, so that's where we went. It was yummy :o).
Anthon also let me go out with some friends that night. We went to watch Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. It was cheesy but not the most horrible movie ever. I'm so thankful that I have a husband who is ALWAYS willing to watch the children so I can have some time to myself.

Now for Mother's Day. Anthon took care of Mason Saturday night so I could sleep, which he does every weekend. He got all the children bathed and tried to get as much stuff ready as possible by himself. It was Makenna's very first time singing in sacrament with the Primary! I couldn't really see her though :o(. There were two older girls standing in the very front where the Sunbeams were supposed to be so she was stuck behind them :o(. I was kinda mad about that because I pretty much missed her very first time being up there.
Anyway, when we got home, Anthon made lunch for us and then let me take a three hour nap! It was so nice!
We went to his parents house to visit them that night and then went home and put the kids down and I relaxed and read a book. It was a very nice day!!!
We tried to take a picture of me with the kids but that was impossible. This was the best one!



I had to put this one in because McKay's face is SO stinkin' funny!

McKay can never keep his eyes open!!
I also want to take some time to thank my mom for everything she has done for me. She is such an amazing person. She is a very loving person and I am so happy to have her as my mother. I love that she is such a comfort to me. I know that I can call her whenever I feel myself losing it and she can always make me feel better. She is always so willing to help me out with my children even though she lives 2 and 1/2 hours away. My children LOVE her! Thank you for raising us so well and for always loving us no matter what we (I) put you through :o). I love you very much!

Makenna just LOVES Manga!
Sorry for such a long post! :o) I hope all of you mothers out there had a great Mother's Day!!

10 comments:

Joanna said...

WOW! You have been a busy busy lady! I love the picture of mckay peeing! funny stuff!Maybe some day we will have a son for Shane to take camping!:) looks like you had a great mothers day though, and you look great!:)

the cates said...

hahahahahahahahaha! I LOVE the picture of Mckay peeing in the woods! Only a mother of a boy, who has potty trained can TRUELY appreciate that! That is Lukes favorite thing to do! He always come up to me when we are outside and says 'i can't find no tree to pee on' when there is a bathroom right in the house! Its so funny....I'm glad you had a great mothers day!

Quinn, Allison, Rylee and Cailyn McNamara said...

OK, I'm going to have to chime in and agree that the peeing picture is my fave! And Anthon took the picture so artistically (o:

DeWitts said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Love the pictures of you and your cute kids. I hope you had a great mothers day!

Dorne Ellsworth said...

Hey, anything Quinn likes, I like. No, wait. Have I got that backwards? Cute cheeks McKay!
Papa

DPies said...

Thanks for the behind picture! Loved it!!! It's such a classic picture of every boy.

Abram and Ashley said...

Love the potty training pic! Also the pic with Mckay's funny face! We should do a Strawberry trip together. I love fossil creek and hope to go a couple of times this summer.

Clint and Tiffany said...

Wow. Good thing he was so close to home! Blowouts scare the crap out of me! I just know that someday I'll have a car loaded with kids and have a blowout on the Rez. AAAAACK! That would definatley be a good time to panic! :0) So glad life is good for you guys! Love you!

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! I love you mother see is so sweet! Hey I am trying to get some addresses together for the baby shower. I would love to have you come! Would you mind sending me your address at chellmassey@hotmail.com. Thanks!!

Liz said...

A blow out is my biggest fear in life. Well, it at least ranks high. Your family is adorable Jennifer.