Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A couple of bed bugs

OK. I know this is the most pathetic thing ever but I'm going to post it anyway because it's a big step for McKay. He is finally out of his crib! Yes, I kept him in that long! I have been wanting to get him in a bed for almost a year but I didn't want to deal with the first several weeks of him and his new freedom. He is like me and is terrified of heights so he has never climbed out of his crib. I enjoyed sleeping in in the mornings and didn't want that to change. Anyway, I finally decided he was WAY too old to be in the crib still so I sacrificed my sleep and put him in a bed.

In his new bed. Yeah, totally forgot to buy bedding. I didn't even think about it!

Anthon and I have had to take turns sitting outside his door so that he won't come out. He keeps trying to get into Makenna's room to play with her. Anyway, the other night Anthon had to tell him to back in bed 9 times!

Baby Mason has also spent time a new bed. The same night McKay got his bed, Mason got the crib. This is actually the longest we have ever waited to put our child in a crib. Makenna was only a couple weeks old and McKay wasn't even two months. Mason will be 4 months old in 7 days so we figured it was time.
I LOVE sleeping babies

The first night having McKay in a bed was a nightmare!!! We only got like two hours of sleep!! McKay kept getting up and going to the bathroom and then coming into our room to say good morning and that he wanted to go downstairs. Also, for some reason Mason woke up like 3 times that night for a bottle. Never at the same time McKay was up. He usually either sleeps all night or wakes up for 1 bottle.

Luckily, it was stake conference weekend so we didn't have anything to be at church for. Don't get me wrong, we were planning on going. We had the diaper bag all ready and packed and clothes set out and everyone was clean but we could not get out of bed!!!

Makenna was the only one who got more than a couple hours of sleep so when she woke up she quietly played with toys for a while and then went downstairs and put on a movie and got on the computer to play pbskids.org. She is such a good girl!

Anyway, when we woke up, we found this

She made some kind of parking lot for all of our toys with wheels. I can't believe we didn't wake up. It led right into our room.

We ended up being lazy that day and stayed in our pajamas for several hours! Makenna was watching a movie on the couch and wanted to hold Mason. She loves her little brother and he really loves her! She is the only on who can get him to giggle really good.
Also, McKay has been potty trained for almost three weeks now. He did awesome!! I started Friday morning and he had no accidents. By Saturday morning he was telling me when he needed to go and by that afternoon he was going by himself. He hasn't had any accidents in his bed!!! WAHOO!!! SO glad to be back to only changing ONE poopy butt :o)

3 comments:

the cates said...

That is too funny! Ryan has been in a pack and play, we have the crib all set up but Luke doesn't sleep all night, he is always yelling for a drink or someone to come lay by him. I just kept Ryan in our room but finally moved him to the crib about a month ago and it took him almost a week to get used to sleeping in it, he still doesn't really LOVE it! But good luck!

Curtis Family said...

That is great that McKay is doing so good potty training! Sorry about the no sleep thing...that really stinks! Good Luck!

Joanna said...

We have the same problem with Avah so I feel for ya! She is always sneakin outta her bed. But once she gets to sleep she sleeps pretty good in there. That's awesome about the potty training thing though. Gotta love not changin poopy diapers! Oh and by the way, little mason is growing so fast, what a cutie! He looks just like your other two!