
I FINALLY finished reading the book last night. I was not too impressed. I went and waited in line Friday night for the book with such hopes. It took me such a long time to read it because I kept getting interrupted and had tons going on this weekend but also because I was just plain bored. There were exciting parts of the books that kept me wanting to read a little bit more but nothing too special.
I just have a few complaints :o).
- I wish the author would stop taking for-freakin'-ever to describe one little thing. I get really frustrated reading her books because it takes her so stinkin' long to get to the point! I was so frustrated when it took Bella forever to talk to Edward when she finally changed into a vampire. Also, I hated that it took forever for them to give her her child.
- Bella's personality changed almost completely even before she became a vampire. She was a real complainer and got mad about EVERYTHING in the other books. In this one, she totally controls her anger and acts like a grown up. That's not Bella at all.
- I HATED Rosalie in this book. I don't think she cared about Bella at all and as soon as the baby was born, she was acting like Renesmee was HER child. It bugged me. Also, Renesmee?!?! Could she have come up with a worse name? I think not.
- Why the heck does Bella keep leading Jacob on?!!! I hated that she was still going on about how she loved him, right in front of Edward!!! Not cool. I understand why now, but it was really annoying at the time. SHE CHOSE HER MAN!!! SHE IS MARRIED!!! For crying out loud!!
- Her "climax" was not much of a climax at all! I can't believe that nothing more happened. Of course, I didn't want them to fight but SOMETHING should have happened. I was waiting and waiting and....nothing.
One more :o)
- I was disappointed in the relationship between Bella and Edward. They still loved each other and all but it was different than in the first three books.
A few things I was pleased with.
- I'm really glad that the wedding happened so fast and that nothing happened to stop it or postpone it. I was really surprised and happy about that.
- I'm really surprised at how quickly in the book Bella becomes a vampire. I was relieved. I'm glad she did so well adjusting.
- I'm glad things worked out with the whole Jacob situation even though it was gross :o).
All in all, the book was not that great. Sorry if this post sounds so negative, I am just really sad about how disappointed I am.
I just have a few complaints :o).
- I wish the author would stop taking for-freakin'-ever to describe one little thing. I get really frustrated reading her books because it takes her so stinkin' long to get to the point! I was so frustrated when it took Bella forever to talk to Edward when she finally changed into a vampire. Also, I hated that it took forever for them to give her her child.
- Bella's personality changed almost completely even before she became a vampire. She was a real complainer and got mad about EVERYTHING in the other books. In this one, she totally controls her anger and acts like a grown up. That's not Bella at all.
- I HATED Rosalie in this book. I don't think she cared about Bella at all and as soon as the baby was born, she was acting like Renesmee was HER child. It bugged me. Also, Renesmee?!?! Could she have come up with a worse name? I think not.
- Why the heck does Bella keep leading Jacob on?!!! I hated that she was still going on about how she loved him, right in front of Edward!!! Not cool. I understand why now, but it was really annoying at the time. SHE CHOSE HER MAN!!! SHE IS MARRIED!!! For crying out loud!!
- Her "climax" was not much of a climax at all! I can't believe that nothing more happened. Of course, I didn't want them to fight but SOMETHING should have happened. I was waiting and waiting and....nothing.
One more :o)
- I was disappointed in the relationship between Bella and Edward. They still loved each other and all but it was different than in the first three books.
A few things I was pleased with.
- I'm really glad that the wedding happened so fast and that nothing happened to stop it or postpone it. I was really surprised and happy about that.
- I'm really surprised at how quickly in the book Bella becomes a vampire. I was relieved. I'm glad she did so well adjusting.
- I'm glad things worked out with the whole Jacob situation even though it was gross :o).
All in all, the book was not that great. Sorry if this post sounds so negative, I am just really sad about how disappointed I am.
4 comments:
Can I borrow your book. Please? I can't wait to read it...:)
Okay, you're not alone, those are the same problems I had with the previous books, which is why I still haven't decided if I'll run out to buy this one yet. So, weighing the good and the bad, was it still worth the money and time? You gotta help me decide!
Thank you! I read the first one because my young women told me it was so good, well I wasn't really that impressed, she does take forever to get to the point! But I have kind of wondered what happens but don't really want to have to read them to find out! Now I'm glad I haven't!
There were times i wanted to chuck the !@#$ book across the room- When Jacob imprints- I was PISSED. I think it was a lame way to fix the Jacob/Edward battle. The pregnancy was freaky and I agree Bella's personality really had an overhaul after she changed. I couldn't stand her before and she was made to be a real hero at the end. I can't say I hated it, was just disappointed. Glad I'm not the only one.
Post a Comment