Sunday, March 8, 2009

Randomness and WAY late posts

When Anthon got back from his first day of work after paternity leave he walked into the house with a GINORMOUS gift! A lady that he works with (that he said he barely even knows) gave it to us.

There were two of these bears and they had a dollar bill around each leg. There were toy cars tied to the top of the box too.

Inside the box there were 6 outfits, diapers, hangers, pacifiers, toys, onesies, socks, a brush and comb and a piggy bank with a bunch of change in it. With the way the box was decorated, you could tell she put a lot of time into it. What a sweet lady!

Now for the Superbowl. Some friends of ours invited us and another couple in our ward over to their house for a BBQ and to watch the game. We had a lot of fun and so did the kids.

Makenna loved the little bouncy house they had in their backyard. She was out there all night playing with other kids!
A couple of my friends threw me a diapers and wipes shower after Mason was born. I forgot to take my camera so I have no photos :o(. I got TONS of diapers and wipes and I am so thankful for that! It will really helps us a lot! Thank you Carly and Carrie for putting that together for me!
Right after the baby shower, we had a get together at my house for Makenna's birthday since my family was in town. The poor little girl never had a birthday party with her friends though because Mason was in the hospital. Is it too late to have one still?
Anyway, she turned 4!!! I can't believe I have a 4 year old! She had lots of fun and got lots of coloring books and markers. She LOVES coloring and drawing!

Blowin' out the candles

This one is kinda random. We had been so busy getting things back in order after Mason got home from the hospital that we decided to take it easy and just relax. We went to the redbox and rented Kung Fu Panda (or as Makenna calls it, Kung Poo Panda :o)) and ordered a pizza. It was so nice being home with everyone again and feeling like things were finally getting back to normal.

Makenna and Mason went to the doctor the next week for their well visits and they both got shots. Poor Makenna got 5 shots for kindergarten which she doesn't start for a whole year. Anyway, it was the saddest thing ever! Makenna sat there smiling while the lady was getting the shots ready. She had no idea what was coming. The nurse told her that it was going to hurt a little but not to move and just say ow, ow, ow. The first shot went in and Makenna looked shocked. She said ow, ow, ow and then kinda gave a nervous laugh. Her eyes started tearing up and her bottom lip quivered but she smiled at me and tried to be happy. It was the same with the rest of the shots. She just smiled and bit her bottom lip to keep it from quivering.....until the last shot. She cried with that one and lady said that that was why she saved it for last. She said it burns really bad and it always makes the kids cry :o(. She cried for a little bit but then got to pick a sucker and sticker and she was fine after that.
The next day, Makenna was getting changed into her pj's and I noticed her arm was really red. I looked at it and it was totally swollen and hot to the touch. I took her into the doctors the next day and they said it was nothing. I felt like such a paranoid mom but after what happened with Mason, I'm not taking any more chances.

Next are just a couple of pictures of the children holding Mason. They love him so much....a little too much actually and can't leave him alone! I finally let them hold him the other day and they loved it. I have been trying to keep them away from him because I am so scared of him getting sick again.
McKay did OK for a while but then started smothering him a little too much. He got really mad when I took Mason away from him.

Makenna does such a great job with him. She is a little mommy. She just holds him and looks at him and says how cute he is.

Last but not least....an update on Mason
He is doing a lot better now. He is sleeping better and eating better. He still seems a little restless to me though. I feel so paranoid now and freak out any time he coughs cause I keep thinking he is getting sick again. Anytime he breathes too loudly or too fast I freak out and I am constantly checking him while he is asleep to make sure that he is still breathing. I hope I get over it soon :o)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That gift is way nice, she IS a sweet lady! I am gald things are getting back to normal and all your kiddos are doing well. Makenna's hair is always so cute. How do you get it so straight and perfect. The bows are so cute, but I can handle that part. It's getting Chloe to sit still long enough to get her part straight!! Good job!

DeWitts said...

I'm glad you guys had a great and relaxing weekend. You for sure needed it. I'm so glad that Mason is getting better.

Bekki said...

Happy to see the update. Mason is a cutie! Is McKenna's hair ever NOT fixed? :o)