Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas day! I love that Makenna understands everything about it. First thing Christmas morning Makenna came into our room all excited saying "Santa came and bringed us LOTS of presents!" She was excited. So we went to wake up McKay and Makenna was the first one in his room telling him that Santa came and brought them presents and McKay said "Oooo, Tanta" They were both very excited.

Notice how our tree lights are out again? Anthon fixed the lights like 10 times and they kept going out. We also had a strand of lights go off at the very top of our house and one of the heads on the reindeer kept turning on and off. We haven't had much luck with our lights this year!
This is a cool truck that my parents got McKay for Christmas. It's a big diesel that holds cars in it. He LOVES it! He absolutely LOVES cars!

McKay opening up Wall E. He can't get enough that little robot.
Opening up her Barbie doll.

OK, this bat was from the dollar store and it was his favorite thing! He would put it down to open a present and then pick it back up and hold it.

Makenna getting her cupcake maker. She LOVES cupcakes.

A remote control car that McKay got. It's a pretty cool little doo-dad.

This is a marble game that Anthon's uncle, Rowan, made for the kids. He is a VERY crafty man! He put so much work into Christmas presents this year. He made ALL of the grandkids one of these and he also made HUGE chests for his siblings and children.
Anyway, the kids love it. Thanks Uncle Rowan!

Anthon and I got a vacuum!! I am actually really excited about it. Our vacuum doesn't smell so good...at all! and it's almost 5 years old. We were in need of a new one! Thank you Mom and Dad!!
Dorne and Nancy came over to give the kids their presents and eat breakfast with us. Makenna loved the Angelina Ballerina stuff and McKay really likes his trucks! Thank you Dorne and Nancy!!
(My house was spotless that morning and in less than an hour it looked like it was hit by a tornado! That's Christmas morning for ya.)

Makenna loves playing on the computer so Santa brought her a Candy Land game to play on it.

Once we had eaten and played with lots of the toys, we got dressed and took the race car out for a little spin.

I think Anthon liked it just as much as McKay....maybe more :o)

Here is a little video of McKay chasing it around. He really enjoyed the car. Makenna kept freaking out everytime it looked like the car was going to go into the street. You will hear that in the first few seconds of the video.


McKay was exhausted after chasing the car around so he sat down to watch Wall E while Makenna and I got out her cupcake maker. Of course, he had to have his bat with him while he watched the show :o). PLEASE excuse the mess. I'm really embarrassed. All those Christmas presents made the HUGEST mess!

Trying to figure out how to make the cupcakes.
Makenna loved making it. The machine only makes one cupcake at a time :o(.
The finished product.After playing with toys for a couple of hours we went to Anthon's Uncle's house for a family get together and lunch. I forgot about my camera until most of the people were gone so I only got this one picture.
Aaron, Pace & fiancé Juliana, Tanner & wife Lin.

After hours at Cory's house we went to Dorne and Nancy's house to hang out and have dinner.It was a wonderful Christmas day!
The next day we met up with my parents for a couple of hours. They were headed to California and stopped to see us on their way there. It was nice to see them and spend some time with them.
On Saturday we woke up and got ready to go to Pace and Juliana's wedding. After the sealing we went to Cory's house again for a luncheon and the ring ceremony. It was great to be with Anthon's family so much this week. We ended up not going to the reception because I was really sick and still am. I'm actually doing this post while Anthon is at church :o).
Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Jenn and Rich said...

I love the marble thing. We had one of those when I was growing up. Looks like you guys had a great christmas.