Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter vacation/The longest post EVER

Sorry this post is so long! We had a very exciting weekend. I will try not to say too much! :o)

We spent Easter weekend in Thatcher with my family and had so much fun! Every year, a couple in my sister's ward has an Easter egg hunt for all the kids (in the ward). They separate it into three age groups. Afterwards, they give all the children a ride on their horse and they give everyone popsicles. It's really nice that they are so willing to do this EVERY year!






Daddy and McKay heading to the egg hunt.











My mom with Makenna and Aubrey.









Waiting for the egg hunt to start with cousins Austin & Aubrey. I swear I do Makenna's hair other ways! It seems like everytime I post something her hair is done the same way!








McKay kept picking up eggs before it even started. He was WAY excited!









All the children up to three years old searched for eggs in the hay stacks. They were arranged into a little maze.












Looking for Easter eggs.










Mom helped Makenna while I took pictures.









Anthon helped McKay.








Makenna found an egg with a black star on it so she got to turn it in for a prize. She picked a jump rope. (That's baby Hailey in the back)









The kids with their baskets after the hunt.











McKay LOVED his popsicle!










Makenna showing me her orange tongue.













Petting the horse before her ride.










She had so much fun!

McKay hopped on after a little while. He smiled the entire time! I can't believe how much he loves animals! He hasn't been scared of one yet.

He spent about five minutes talking to one of the cows while he was waiting for his turn to ride the horse. Everytime the cow mooed he would quickly turn around and moo back.

Of course, McKay had to give the horse kisses when the ride was over! He LOVED the horse!

After the egg hunt we went and got some shaved ice from Water Depot then we went over to Pace Gardens (My sister & her husband own a plant nursery). The kids rode on my parents' Arctic cat.

My parents call it the Cat. When we got to Pace Gardens Makenna ran to Aunt Sarah and told her that she rode the "Kitty".

Mom and dad bought flowers for their backyard. They are landscaping their backyard all by themselves. It looks really good so far. So, while they took the older cousins to their house to plant flowers, Anthon, McKay and I went to Valley Furniture to visit Sam and Emily (my sister and her husband) and to look at a couple of pieces of furniture I am interested in. When we got back to my parents house Anthon and I took the Cat to Wal-Mart to buy stuff for a BBQ. Everyone came over to eat all the yummy food.

Anthon was showing McKay all of his candy Easter Morning.

Makenna was really excited about all the stuff the Easter Bunny brought her.

Both of their mouths were full of candy in this picture. They ate tons of candy but still had room for breakfast.

We had a big Easter pot luck with some of my mom's siblings. This is in my parents' backyard. From left to right we have my sister Emily, Uncle Raul (My mom's bro) & my dad.

Left to right is my dad, Tia Sandra (my mom's sis) & her son Nathan. Her and her three children came from Merced California.

Uncle Victor & Tia Becky (my mom's sis). They came with their daughter Alicia from San Jose California. Unfortunately, their two other children couldn't make it.

This is my Abuelita (my mom's mom), Tia Blanca (My mom's sis) and Uncle Paul.

I forgot to take a picture of Makenna in her Easter dress! :o( She looked really cute. Anyway, I'm really glad we were able to spend Easter with family. We had lots of fun!

7 comments:

Bethany M said...

Wow. It looks like you guys had a great weekend. Makenna looks so cute in that little summer dress. Fun, fun!!

DeWitts said...

I love the pics, so cute! Looks like you guys had a fun easter weekend! I love your new blog layout!

Nicole D said...

MaKenna's hair always looks so cute. I need you to teach me how to do girl hair now that Alyssa finally has hair.

Katrina said...

Your Easter looked like so much fun!!! It's so great to be with family. Love the new blog. I really need to change mine.

Abram and Ashley said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! It's so fun to be with family on holidays!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

what a great easter! I didn't know your parents moved to thatcher, that's awesome!

The Curiel's said...

Your kids look so cute riding the pony/horse? together!