Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Trip To The Zoo

So, thanks to Sis. Spier we able to go to the zoo yesterday with all of the cousins on the Ellsworth side. It was lots of fun! I wish we could have stayed longer. We only got to see one side of the zoo. But this way it gives us reason to go back. I know the children really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind going back again real soon.
Also, you might notice that McKay isn't wearing shoes...well, I really am so darn forgetful! I woke him up from his nap and put him in the truck but I didn't want to make him mad by putting on his shoes on while he was still half asleep so I decided to wait until we got to the zoo. So, as I'm pulling out of garage Anthon calls and asks if I remembered the camera, which I had picked up like 5 times before I left so I wouldn't forget it, and I realized I had left it in the house. So, I got to the zoo, got the kids out of the car and walk in and about 15 minutes later (when McKay wanted to get down and walk around) I realized I had left his shoes in the Suburban along with the wipes. So, I let him walk around barefoot. I know, total "Concho" thing to do, right? Anyway, so I decided to take some pictures but I couldn't because I left the card for my camera at home. So, my wonderful sister-in-law, Bethany, let me use her wipes and her camera!! Thank you Bethy! So, yay! No grainy pictures!!!
Anyway, sorry this post is so long! I hope you enjoy the pics. We had a blast!

Photobucket
The girls looking at the turtles in the water.
Photobucket
Makenna and Amalee kept holding hands and playing really cute with each other the whole time. It was really sweet.
Photobucket
Makenna and McKay petting a goat.
Photobucket
McKay could NOT get enough of that goat! He kept hugging it and petting it and just giggling the whole time. It was SO cute!

Here is a video of McKay hugging the goat. He hugged it probably 5 times and he laid his head on the goat a couple of times. He just kept giggling and he couldn't stop smiling. It was kind of gross but way too cute to stop. Needless to say, I used all the hand sanitizer they had afterwards! :o)
Photobucket
We had about 4 pictures that turned out like this. We were trying to get them all to stand still for a picture.
Photobucket
I think this was the best picture we got. In order from left to right, down then up :o) Maggie, McKay, Amalee, Makenna & Kennedy
Photobucket
Sis. Spier was kind enough to buy all of the children a popsicle. They really enjoyed them! McKay was so content just sitting there eating his popcorn and popsicle.
Photobucket
Caring about nothing else but his popsicle and popcorn. He couldn't decide which one he wanted more so he decided to eat them at the same time.
Photobucket
Makenna standing by a statue of a bear. It's more like half bear half monkey!
Photobucket
They were so tired by the end of the day. McKay did not move from that position for a while and Makenna was not happy we were leaving. We weren't done though...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Anthon works about a mile and a half from the zoo so we went to see his 'place of employment' ;o). Can you guess where he works by looking at the pics?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! We still haven't taken Britt to the zoo! Hopefully we'll have some time this spring break or something. I have to tell you, when I have a little girl someday...I'm sending her to your house to get her hair done everyday! Your kids are so cute!

Bethany M said...

Love it!! I still can't stop laughing about McKay with his goat. :) So cute!

Cara said...

How fun! I want to go to the zoo so bad but not really sure if it will be much fun yet with ryken. but hey maybe we should all try it sometime. :) And the little ones are cute as ever. Even if McKay doesn't have any shoes on. :)

What's for dinner? said...

Anthon works at the arizona lottery office? I hate the phoenix zoo so my kids rarely get to go...I'd much rather drive 6 hours and go to the san diego zoo. But as you can tell I don't do that but maybe once a year so they don't go to the zoo!

Abram and Ashley said...

I love the pics and I'm so glad we were able to go together! Next time I go on a Monday I'll call you again!

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

Super cute kids Jen!! I love the zoo. I took Vance when we were in Oklahoma in August but he was only 12 months and didn't really get what was going on so we are definitely planning on taking him again this year.

Shane and Joanna said...

I looks like you guys had a fun day! My girls have been begging to go to the zoo for months! One of these days I will take them. :) Your kids are adorable as always, and I just love Makennas hair!! I have to fight with my girls to get their hair done!

DeWitts said...

Cute pics! Looks like you guys had a blast at the zoo! Your kids are so cute!