Saturday, May 17, 2008

Busy weekend

This has been a crazy weekend! My wonderful sister, Amy, helped me do a yard sale Saturday morning. So Friday night I made all the signs and went and hung them up. While I was going through everything and pricing stuff I watched
Benchwarmers Poster
Oh my goodness! I laughed SO hard! I don't know if it was just one of those nights but I thought it was a really funny movie.
Anyway, so I woke up early Saturday morning and started making breakfast burritos so that we could sell those too. It's actually a good idea if you are ever planning on doing a yard sale. Anyway, we ended up making $24.25!!!! WAHOO!!! Hahaha It was still fun though. We saw a couple of ugly spiders while we were out there! Thanks for killing them Amy!! I'm a total wuss when it comes to killing bugs, no matter how small.
Also, Anthon left early Saturday morning to go up to Strawberry with his dad. His grandma owns a cabin up there and some of the family was going up to repaint the cabin and clean up a little bit. Anthon said he saw spiders too...BIG ones! I didn't want to hear about them though because I will be up there in a couple of weeks and then again at the end of June.
After the yard sale, I got to relax for about an hour and then we went to a birthday party! Carrie did a great job! I have never been to a birthday party like that before. It was a princess party and all the little girls came in their princess dresses. They decorated crowns with jewels and stuff and they got wands and little princess jump ropes and a necklace. They also put glitter in their hair and painted their nails. Because there were boys coming too she gave them all shields and swords and they had a dragon that they had to slay with "magic potion" (which was water balloons).

Makenna in her princess get up. All the kids were bright red from playing around in 95 degree heat. I think I was the only grown up there who was just as red as the kids!
The kids went down for a nap after the party and so did I.... not on purpose. I was reading on the couch and fell asleep. Anthon got home around 4:30 and I tried to tell him about my day but he fell alseep on the floor. I'm sure they worked pretty hard up there.
At 5:15 my good high school friend, Kriston, came to pick me up so we could go out to dinner with some of our other high school friends. Tiffany is down from Utah right now and I hadn't seen her since my wedding day! We met at Chili's and had so much fun catching up on things and remembering our crazy high school days.

This is Kriston (left) and Tiffany (right). Sorry about the pictures. I was using my video camera AND it was really dark inside the restaurant.


This is Cara and Me

And these are two cute little kids that came with. MaKenna (left, Tiff's daughter. Dont you love her name! ;o)) and Ryken (right, Cara's son).

After we ate dinner we went and got some frozen yogurt and talked some more. I'm so glad we were able to get together! I love that we still keep in touch and hang out every once in a while. It makes me feel young again! haha

4 comments:

Cara said...

We saw Bench Warmers the other day too. And justin loved it! I thought it was okay but then again I wasn't in the best mood. :) Oh and I had tons of fun lastnight. I wish you guys lived closer. We are going to have to come over to your place and play the wii one of these monday or tuesday nights. :) If we are invited. Oh and justin said you can buy our old camera if you want it. :) You can even have the cool case with it too. :)

What's for dinner? said...

Hey! I'm glad you had fun at the party...I know for some reason I get going planning the parties and The kids end up leaving with so much "Stuff" I love it though. I just have to top it next year.ughh! I knew you would like benchwarmers...but can you see why I couldn't let Max watch it anymore?

Anonymous said...

Too fun!! I love seeing familar faces! Tell everyone hi if they remember me!

DeWitts said...

You are always so busy! I really need to do a yard sale i have way to much stuff. The first time i watched bench warmers i loved it so when it came out on dvd i had to buy it but for some reason it wasn't as funny. How fun that you're still really close to your friends from high school.