Hair cut
Last night I went back to Supercuts to get my hair fixed. Marla did a great job! She was there on Friday when I got my hair cut and she told me that she heard me telling the lady like 4 times that I wanted it shorter. I was really frustrated. I told her I wanted it stacked in the back and I wanted the top layer pretty high. After telling her 4 times, I got home, straightened my hair and I only had two layers in the back and the top layer was just above my neck. I was feeling sick because I accidentally gave her a $7 dollar tip!!! I was mad. Also, the left side of my hair was longer than the right. Marla was very kind and fixed it for me. She did a great job!Doctor appointments
My children had their doctor appointments yesterday. Makenna (3 yrs & 3 mo.) weighed 29 lbs she is 36.5 inches tall. She is in the %25 percentile in both. McKay (19 mo. & the real reason I'm posting this) weighed in at 24.8 lbs and is 32.25 inches tall. He is only in the %25 percentile in both weight and height. I am really surprised because he looks like a big boy. Not too big but he looks like he is bigger than that. I guess it's just his cheeks :o)
Question of the week
What was the biggest news event when you were growing up?
Anthon- Anthon can't think of one that happened in Az, so, if someone can help him please do :o)
Jennifer- The 1989 San Francisco earthquake. I don't know if that was the absolute biggest news event of my time but it's the one I remember. A portion of the upper deck of the Bay Bridge collapsed onto the lower deck. It was a really bad earthquake. Here's the crazy thing. Someone gave my dad a ticket to the Battle of the Bay World Series game that was going on that day. He got off work early so that he could go and then realized that he had been given the wrong ticket. The ticket that he had was for the next game. He was really bummed because he was looking forward to going that day....until he heard the news. A couple of the baseball players had been injured and were taken to the hospital. Crazy, huh? I know it wasn't a coincidence. Here are some pictures. I have been in earthquakes before and a couple of pretty big ones but none THIS bad. The after shocks are actually kind of fun :o). The picture on the right is the Bay Bridge.



4 comments:
Fires and droughts, fires and droughts....that is all that happens here...well, maybe an occasional microburst but that's it. Anthon is right, unless you count the summer it hit 122 degrees or the summer where homeless people and the elderly were dying in handfuls because of the heat, that made national news.
Yeah, thanks Carrie. The only news story I can remember would be the day it hit 122. Other than that, nothing much that would appeal to a national news audience happens here.
Lol! I got a kick out of the measurements of you kids! My Luke, well he started out huge, and has never stopped....at 2 years 4 months he is 35 pounds and 37.5 inches tall!
Poor McKay being so cold at fathers & Sons!! Looks like you and makenna had alot of fun! Are you coming down for mothers day? If you are you need to teach me how to make those bows! oh you can changed it to were you don't have to do the word varification code befor you post a comment!
Post a Comment