Thursday, April 3, 2008

Our exciting day

We have had a great day so far. Makenna woke up a little earlier than normal so Anthon brought her into our room and laid her on our bed while I took a shower. I was pretty gross when I got home from the gym this morning! Anyway, she looked so comfortable I didn't want to make her get out of bed so I brought her some breakfast and she ate while she watched Caillou.


Eating her yogurt and banana
After we got ready for the day Amber (one of the little girls I babysit) was dropped off and we went to the Superstition Springs Mall to watch Dewper. This was the kids first time watching the show. When we got there, I registered the kids and they got a cookie & a cute little dinosaur note pad. They also got some cute little badges to wear around their necks.

They weren't quite sure what to think at first. They just kind of stood there staring and trying to see around everyone else that was there. I ended up seeing Christi & Jill there and sat by them. We were finally close enough to see some of the show.

This is the stage that they set up. They sing a bunch of songs and dance around.

This is Dewper and the singing lady.

McKay kept sneaking off by himself and dancing like no one was watching! It was really cute!Look at the huge belly!
When the Dewper show was over I took them to ride the carousel. Makenna LOVED it. She was hanging on for dear life with her face pressed up to the pole once the ride started but she was smiling the entire time! McKay was not too happy to be on the giraffe. He kept grabbing onto me, wanting me to hold him. Once the ride started though......he LOVED it! He was laughing and kept looking at me and talking all about it. It was really cute.
Waiting for the ride to start. Amber (in the back) Makenna & McKay.
After we rode the carousel we went to the playground in the mall and the kids played around for a little while. We sat there and talked for a little while and then we went up to the See's Candy store and got a sample of chocolate. After that, we went to the food court to eat lunch together but I ended up having to leave because I had to babysit and she was going to bring the kids a little earlier than normal.

McKay, Amber and Makenna with chocolatey faces. They really enjoyed their See's Candy samples!

We ended up picking up some Wendy's on the way home and now the kids are in bed taking their naps :o) Time for some relaxation!

2 comments:

Christi said...

Isn't Dewper so much fun? I hope you keep coming, we love Thursdays!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

what a fun day! It's so much fun to goof around with other moms. . .and it also makes the kids a lot happier to be out and about!