So, for the first time since I lived in Cali, which was about 13 years ago, I went to a yard sale. I'm really weird when it comes to stuff like that. If I am going to buy something I would WAY rather it be new than used. I just have a really hard time with it. I don't know why. Anyway, when I went to Globe last week with my sister, Amy, we were talking about it and she asked if I wanted to go to a yard sale with her. I agreed. Anyway, I didn't buy too much but I was proud of what I DID buy. Some guy was selling some pretty sturdy storage shelves and I bought two of them for $15. Now we can organize our VERY unorganized garage! I also bought a much needed weed whacker for $3. Crazy, huh? It works great! I also saw a little car racing thing that I thought McKay would just love so I had to buy it. Both of our children can't get enough of it. Here are some pictures.

McKay was so funny! He would clentch his teeth and shake really hard everytime he pressed the button to make the car go.

Here is a cute little video to show how happy he was to have it. It doesn't show it in the video but they both kept saying "Go, go, go!" It was cute.
(Sorry about Anthon sticking his butt in at the last second! He must have thought I was done recording :o) )
Also, I went over to Carrie Skiba's house this past Tuesday and she showed me how to make bows. I never knew it was so easy! Thanks Carrie! I went to Ribbon's & Lace on Saturday and bought all the stuff I needed and then got to work. I wanted to watch a movie while I was working on my bows so I tried one of those Redbox movie rental things. I think I am really going to like these!

I rented the movie Waitress and...let's just say that it wasn't the best choice I ever made. It was kind of cute but boy is she random in the movie. My reaction to almost everything that happened was "Wha??". I'm glad I only paid a dollar for it.

6 comments:
I'm right there with ya on Waitress. . .very random! So funny about the Yard Sale. . .their definitely good for some things. . .Aiden hit the jackpot last weekend when our neighbors had a garage sale and their son sold TONS of his Star Wars stuff! BTW, it's now time to put a bow-making tutorial video on your blog! Those bows look awesome!
Cute bows! where did you even learn to make those! I've got to get myself back to ribbons and lace for more stuff...maybe we should all carpool then convince them to open one in gilbert!
How fun that you got such a entertaining toy for you kids at a yard sale. I wish I could get to more of them. I just hate to go alone and Justin is always working on Saturdays or sleeping. :) Oh and the bows are way cute. If I ever have a little girl I know who to come to for help on making some. Oh and we rent movies all the time now from RED BOX. We love it too.
That race track looks SO fun!
Okay...now you'll have to teach me to make CUTE bows.
I love yard sales! Your bows look so cute! I so agree with you on the movie Waitress!
cute bows! I have been wanting to learh how your going to have to show me! Aubreys b-day party is this saturday, i mailed your invite today!
Post a Comment