This is going to be my very first post without pictures! Crazy, I know.
Just after midnight on Sunday (well, Monday) I climbed into bed so stinkin' tired. At 2:30 am I felt Anthon get out of bed and I realized Makenna was crying. When Anthon walked into her room Makenna was crying saying "Wook at me! Wook at me!" She had thrown up all over herself, her bed and her floor. Poor little girl. So, Anthon woke me up saying that he needed help. I got out of bed and while I was giving Makenna a bath, Anthon put her bedding in the washing machine. He took out the carpet cleaner and cleaned up the mess on the floor. It was weird because Makenna was being really happy in the tub. She was smiling and telling me about how she "choked". The last time she threw up was when she couldn't really talk so she didn't exactly know what to call it. Anyway, after her bath, I put her in clean pj's and put her in the spare bedroom. We were just getting ready to get back into bed and she threw up again! It went right through the comforter, Flat sheet and fitted sheet..hhhh. So, we bunched it up, put her in different pj's again and put a sleeping pad on our floor and explained to her that when she "choked" again she needed to do it in the toilet and we gave her a little demonstration. So, she laid down, I took a quick shower and got into bed just after 4:00 am and about 10 minutes later Makenna jumped out of bed and ran to the toilet and started throwing up again. It was so sad watching her. I finally got back to sleep and when I woke up the next morning Anthon told me that she threw up again (in the toilet). I felt so bad for her but proud that she did it in the toilet. So, Anthon left for work and I heard McKay wake up and I went in to get him and guess what...Yup, HE threw up!!
For the rest of the day the kids were doing just fine. They weren't acting sick or anything so I figured they were ok. I guessed it was probably something they ate for dinner because Anthon and I were ok but we ate something totally different than they did. So, we had plans to go to Bishop Smith's house for a BBQ and to go swimming. The Carnavales won a BBQ and swim party at a church auction and invited us. It was very nice of them. Anyway, we decided it would be ok to go since we thought it was just some old food needing to leave their system. We went and had a wonderful time!! Makenna loved playing in the pool and McKay enjoyed drinking everyone's sodas, sorry guys! Thank you so much for inviting us and for the yummy food.
Anyway, this morning after I got my two babysitting kids, Makenna laid down on the couch and was acting really tired. I needed to go grocery shopping (badly!) so I put all four kids in car and headed to Wal-Mart. Makenna fell asleep on the way! Wal-Mart is only two minutes away! So I woke her up but I didn't know how I was going to do my shopping. I have a 20 month old and then Isabella who is 2 and Makenna who was asleep and Isaiah who is 4. So, I searched for one of those carts with the additional seats and couldn't find one anywhere. Luckily, I saw an old friend who was just leaving and let me use hers. So, I put McKay and Isabella in the two seats and I put Makenna in the seat that is actually in the cart. Now, it doesn't have holes for legs so I sat her sideways and grabbed a pillow from off the shelf and put it behind her back. It was big enough so she could rest her head on it too. She ended up falling asleep and stayed asleep almost the entire time. Anyway, when we got home she laid back down on the couch and while I was giving the kids lunch, she threw up again. So, apparently it wasn't just something she ate on Sunday. So, I am apologizing to the Carnavales and the Smiths. I hope I didn't get your kids sick. If so, you can bring them to my house and I can deal with them. I'm really sorry!! I honestly didn't think it was anything contagious.
Just after midnight on Sunday (well, Monday) I climbed into bed so stinkin' tired. At 2:30 am I felt Anthon get out of bed and I realized Makenna was crying. When Anthon walked into her room Makenna was crying saying "Wook at me! Wook at me!" She had thrown up all over herself, her bed and her floor. Poor little girl. So, Anthon woke me up saying that he needed help. I got out of bed and while I was giving Makenna a bath, Anthon put her bedding in the washing machine. He took out the carpet cleaner and cleaned up the mess on the floor. It was weird because Makenna was being really happy in the tub. She was smiling and telling me about how she "choked". The last time she threw up was when she couldn't really talk so she didn't exactly know what to call it. Anyway, after her bath, I put her in clean pj's and put her in the spare bedroom. We were just getting ready to get back into bed and she threw up again! It went right through the comforter, Flat sheet and fitted sheet..hhhh. So, we bunched it up, put her in different pj's again and put a sleeping pad on our floor and explained to her that when she "choked" again she needed to do it in the toilet and we gave her a little demonstration. So, she laid down, I took a quick shower and got into bed just after 4:00 am and about 10 minutes later Makenna jumped out of bed and ran to the toilet and started throwing up again. It was so sad watching her. I finally got back to sleep and when I woke up the next morning Anthon told me that she threw up again (in the toilet). I felt so bad for her but proud that she did it in the toilet. So, Anthon left for work and I heard McKay wake up and I went in to get him and guess what...Yup, HE threw up!!
For the rest of the day the kids were doing just fine. They weren't acting sick or anything so I figured they were ok. I guessed it was probably something they ate for dinner because Anthon and I were ok but we ate something totally different than they did. So, we had plans to go to Bishop Smith's house for a BBQ and to go swimming. The Carnavales won a BBQ and swim party at a church auction and invited us. It was very nice of them. Anyway, we decided it would be ok to go since we thought it was just some old food needing to leave their system. We went and had a wonderful time!! Makenna loved playing in the pool and McKay enjoyed drinking everyone's sodas, sorry guys! Thank you so much for inviting us and for the yummy food.
Anyway, this morning after I got my two babysitting kids, Makenna laid down on the couch and was acting really tired. I needed to go grocery shopping (badly!) so I put all four kids in car and headed to Wal-Mart. Makenna fell asleep on the way! Wal-Mart is only two minutes away! So I woke her up but I didn't know how I was going to do my shopping. I have a 20 month old and then Isabella who is 2 and Makenna who was asleep and Isaiah who is 4. So, I searched for one of those carts with the additional seats and couldn't find one anywhere. Luckily, I saw an old friend who was just leaving and let me use hers. So, I put McKay and Isabella in the two seats and I put Makenna in the seat that is actually in the cart. Now, it doesn't have holes for legs so I sat her sideways and grabbed a pillow from off the shelf and put it behind her back. It was big enough so she could rest her head on it too. She ended up falling asleep and stayed asleep almost the entire time. Anyway, when we got home she laid back down on the couch and while I was giving the kids lunch, she threw up again. So, apparently it wasn't just something she ate on Sunday. So, I am apologizing to the Carnavales and the Smiths. I hope I didn't get your kids sick. If so, you can bring them to my house and I can deal with them. I'm really sorry!! I honestly didn't think it was anything contagious.
8 comments:
That does not sound like much fun. I'm sorry. Poor Makenna...and McKay...and the parents too!
Great good job for getting EVERYONE else sick...ha ha ha..I hate that when you think they're totally better and then they have a complete relapse the next day. It's happened to me before.
Oh my gosh! Poor kiddos. I am not looking forward to those days when I have a little one that pukes all over. But thanks for not taking pictures of it for this post. :) Oh and we need to get together again soon. I had lots of fun with you girls like I always do. :)
How sad:( When I got home from California on Sat. night I went to put Maggie in her bed and smelt throw-up. She went all day sat. not throwing up and then mon. came and she throw up twice. it must be a bug going around:(
Poor girl! We had the same thing over the weekend, i think its some kind of nasty bug going around. I hope she starts feeling better.
Last year the boys got that but Ryker had it for two weeks and didn't stop barfing the whole time, it was so hard since he was only 10 months old, couldn't teach him about aiming for the toilet...hopefully they are all better!
poor little baby! Thats good that she started throwing up in the toilet though!throwing up sick is the worst!
It's definitely going around. A couple of my kids were throwing up this past week. That's good that she can get to the toilet! We just keep a bowl handy in every room of the house.
Post a Comment