As you all know, our anniversary was on Wednesday. We celebrated it this weekend and had so much fun!! We dropped our children off at Anthon's parents' house at around 8:30 am. They watched them all day and then my parents came down from Thatcher to watch them overnight at our house.
We started off our morning by standing in line at the Harkins Theater for an hour and a half so we could get tickets to their SMF thing that they do. I was a little sad that we had to use some our time to do that but it was the only day we could get them. It was fun anyway. Carrie Skiba showed up and we talked to her while we were waiting.
After we got our tickets we went to the Chandler Mall and walked around for while. I had only been there once before and Anthon had never been inside. It was pretty close to our hotel so we decided to go check it out.After Lee Lee's, we went to the hotel to check in. We stayed at the Quality Suites. This is me getting ice at the ice machine. It's really weird but it is tradition for me to go and get a bucket of ice every time I stay at a hotel. When we were little it was really fun for us to push the button to make the ice come out so we did it everytime we went. After that, it just turned into tradition. We usually go at night but I knew that we would get back late and I wouldn't want to go. The machine was pretty far from our room and I knew I would be really exausted.
After we checked in and got all of our stuff in the room we looked online at different movies that were playing. We decided to see 21. Wow, I LOVED it! So did Anthon. It's a true story and really cool. There are a couple of scenes that are not so good but they don't really show anything. But still, I would recommend it to everyone. We couldn't stop talking about it.
After the movie, we went to Golfland and road their race cars. It was pretty fun. We were the only ones on the track so that made it better.
After Golf land we went and got dinner and then we got a blizzard from Dairy Queen. It was really good. We got back to hotel and tried to find a good show to watch but they had like no channels at all!! Which is really weird because hotels usually have some pretty good channels. Anyway, so we ended up just going to bed. It was after midnight anyway.
The next morning we got up and got our complimentary breakfast and headed out. We checked out and then we to Tempe Marketplace. We went to Best Buy where Anthon decided to buy a computer game :o(.We went to Target and got our children a new outfit. We decided to head back to our part of town.
We went to Bed Bath & Beyond and bought a couple of decorations for the house. They are badly needed!
After that, we went to Sam's Club to eat lunch. We got their 3 meat pizza which is really good.
We decided that after all that eating we needed to do something active so that we wouldn't feel TOO bad about the weekend. I have a membership to LA Fitness so we went over there. I'm glad we went because Anthon showed me how to work all the machines. I never used any of the weight machines because I hate standing there by myself looking stupid trying to figure out them out. So, I usually just use the Eliptical Glider for an hour, do crunches and then go home. Now I can get in some REAL workouts :o). So, we lifted weights for a while then went on the Eliptical machines, played raquet ball and then shot some hoops. We had to call it a day after that because we had a birthday party to go to. So, we went home, showered and saw our wonderful children again and then went to the party.
When we were done we met up with my parents at Sam's Club. My mom bought the Chipmunks movie for the kids so we went back to our house to watch it. Amy and Kent came over to watch it with us. It is a really cute movie. The kids loved it.
Thank you Dorne and Nancy and Mom and Dad for watching our children. We really appreciate everything you do for us!











8 comments:
Wow!! What an anniversary. I am glad you guys were able to do that. It looks like you and your kids had lots of fun. You look fantastic by the way.
What a fun anniversary with no kids, how fun!
I'm so glad that you had a great anniversary! It's so fun to spend time with each other WITHOUT kids. :)
Fun anniversay, I'm jealous...Burt and I NEVER get a chance to do anything.
Happy anniversary! How fun, and how nice to get out and spend time with the hubby! About the bows, was that an anouncement?
Happy Anniversary Jennifer & Anthon! I know it is hard being away from the kids even one night, but it is definately needed. Someone once told me that the kids even need a break from parents sometime. What fun, I am jealous.
Jennifer- Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend. I can't believe I haven't seen you since your wedding we do need to get together. Oh and as far as my mom goes..... Well lets just say I haven't spoke with my mom in almost 2 years now its a long story. I hope we have time to catch up when I'm in town. So glad to hear from you. Tiffany
Sounds like an action packed weekend! That restaurant sounds so interesting. I've never been anywhere like that. Well, happy anniversary!
Post a Comment